Aerial Arts & Yoga
69 Westchester Ave, Pound Ridge, NY 10576
“Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, and to the self” ~ Bhagavad Gita
Physical Benefits of Yoga include:
- Increased Flexibility.
- Increased muscle tone.
- Improved respiration, energy and vitality.
- Maintaining a balanced metabolism.
- Weight reduction.
- Cardio and circulatory health.
- Improved athletic performance.
- Protection from injury.
“He was earthly, she was aerial. He was made of clay and iron; she was made of fire and dreaming.” ~ unknown
Physical Benefits of Aerial Arts:
- Aerial yoga helps, increase flexibility and release tension gently, by counteracting gravity.
- Suspended yoga strengthens core muscles.
- Deepen your asana practice by adding in an aerial practice.
- HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) with a silk hammock that challenges every other workout.
Safety At The Gypsy Tribe
Aerial Hammock and Apparatus Safety – each individual chain is wrapped around a triple enforced wooden beam to ensure maximum weight of 5000 pounds. Daisy chains with carbiners are attached to the material and lifted to a comfortable height, to ensure maximum safety, and proper alignment. Silks are checked daily by Roseanne Carlo Stone, cleaned monthly and inspected semi-annually. Roseanne Carlo Stone and her crew are working with the Aerial Essentials Team in Las Vegas, Nevada, the leading site for aerialist performers. We ensure the highest quality safety checks, equipment, instructors and professionalism in the industry. See more on our GTW Policies page.
Check them out, Aerial Essentials.
Please note – remove all jewelry prior to class, or keep it safe at home. Jewelry and aerial arts do not mix, You can and WILL get injured. We at the Gypsy Tribe work to offer a safe, and secure place for you in class. There are no exceptions to this rule and you will not be permitted in class with jewelry.
*Save Time, Download, Print and Sign, prior to first visit @ Gypsy Tribe Westchester: Consent Form
Please note, if you suffer from any of the following, you should not try aerial yoga:
*severe spinal injuries
*read more in Contraindications, Cautions and Disclaimer.